How can I link my student travel product to my personal OV-chipkaart with eIDAS?

You are able to link your student travel product to your personal OV-chipkaart with eIDAS on

eIDAS stands for ‘Electronic Identification and Trust Services for electronic transactions in the Internal Market’. With this regulation, the European Union contributes to the removal of all digital borders. This means that the digital identities that are classified as eIDAS-approved must be accepted by all public organisations across the European Union.

Note: For most services in the Netherlands a citizen service number (BSN = burgerservicenummer) is required. If you are not in the possession of this number, the service cannot be accessed. Please register yourself in the Personal Records Database (BRP). Check for more information about the process of registering.